Updated: May 11, 2021
WHAT IS NATA?
• Entrance examination NATA stands for national aptitude test in architecture.
• It is one of the largest entrance examination for architecture program, Nata is Conducted by council of architecture.
• State government, private and deemed institutions considered the NATA score card for admitting students in their B.Arch. Courses •
Nata is notable exam for the students who wished to make there career in the field of architecture.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NATA
There are Certain parameters and requirements For the entrance examination • Candidates who passes 10 + 2 or appearing with atleast 50 % marks ,in physics ,chemistry, mathematics.
• Candidates with 10 +3, diploma exam, and mathematics as a cumpulsary subjects.
• NATA- 2021 score shall be valid only for admission in the academic session of (2021- 2022).
• For NRI, internation students the NATA criteria is same as indian students.
• No age criteria are specified by COA to appear in the examination
EXAM PATTERN NATA 2021
• Mode of examination
Nata is computer based online exam for 3 hours •
Type of questions - The online exam consists of total 125 questions that will be of 1 marks, 2marks and 3 marks
Multiple choice type(MCQ)
Multiple select type(MSQ)
Preferential choice type (PCQ)
Numerical answer type(NAT)
• Marking scheme - Total marks of NATA 2021 will be of 200 marks , 70 will be the minimum marks to qualify NATA 2021
There will be no negative marking
• Language – English
NATA EXAM SYLLABUS 2021
The NATA 2021 Entrance examination consist of mathematics ,physics and general aptitude.
1. Concepts in mathematics
3. Elements and principles of design and Geometry
4. Aesthetic sensitivity
5. Colour theory
6. Lateral thinking and logical reasoning
7. Visual perception and cognition
8. Language and interpretation
9. Building anatomy graphics
10. Imagery and architectural vocabulary
11. Basic techniques of building construction
12. Knowledge of material,
13. General knowledge and current affairs
SCHEDULE OF EXAMINATION NATA 2021
COA is conducting NATA 2021 twice a year.
The first NATA 2021 exam conducted on date 10/04/2021
The second NATA 2021 exam will be conduct on 12/06/2021
COLLEGEs UNDER NATA 2021 ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
Numbers of state government, private and deemed institutions considered the NATA score card for admitting students in their B.Arch. Courses
Some premier colleges which accept NATA 2021 score are
1. Sir JJ College of Architecture, Mumbai
2. Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology University
3. ANNA University, Chennai
4. Maharaj sayaji rao, Vadodara
5. Manipal University
6. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
7. ITM Gwalior
8. Madhav institute of technology and science ,Gwalior
9. Gitam university.visakhapatnam
12.Mizoram university ,aizwal
NOTE-All the State govt colleges,Private colleges,Deemed university takes the NATA score.
NATA score is not valid for IITs, NITs and SPAs.
Colleges have there own admission criteria kindly visit the official site of respective college.
There is no direct or lateral entry at any stage of B.ARCH course
HOW TO APPLY FOR NATA 2021
Application form will be filled up online at the NATA portal Website www.nata.in
The application form is categorized into three steps
1. Personal details
2. Upload the documents
3. Fees payment
JEE MAINS PAPER 2 FOR (B.ARCH)
• Jee mains paper two is the gateway of undergraduate program for architecture.
• JEE mains is conducted by the national test agency (NTA) • Top institutes like NIT(National institute of technology), SPA(school of planning and architecture) ,CFI( centrally funded institutes) of India take the admission based on jee mains score.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF JEE MAINS PAPER 2
• Students should be passed class 12 with minimum 50 % marks in core subjects like physics, mathematics and chemistry /biology/technical vocational course as a optional subjects.
• Along with that the 50% markis for appearing in the jee mains paper two examination.
• There is no age criteria for appearing the examination of jee mains paper two.
JEE PAPER 2 EXAM SYLLABUS 2021
Part1 - Mathematics
Sets, relations and functions, mathematical inductions, complex numbers and quadratic equations, sequence and series, binomial theorem and its simple applications, matrices and determinants, limit, continuity and differentiability, permutations and combinations, integral calculas, diffrential equations, vector algebra, three dimensional geometry, co-ordinate geometry, statistics and probability, trigonometry, mathematical reasoning
Part2 - Aptitude
1. Awareness of persons.
2. Buildings, materials.
3. Three dimensional- perception
Part3 – Drawing
Sketching of activities and scenes (urbanscape)
EXAM PATTERN FOR JEE MAINS PAPER 2
• Mode of exam - The exam will be computer based and pen paper type. • This will include objective type (online) and drawing (offline)
• Types of question
Part 1- Mathematics
No of question-20 MCQs and 10 NAT out of which 5 NAT has to be answer out of 10 and total marks is 100
Part 2- Aptitude test
No of question- 50 MCQs of 200 marks
Part 3- Drawing
No of question- 02 of 100 marks
Total no of question -82
Total marks- 400
• Language Hindi ,English and other regional languages
SCHEDULE OF EXAMINATION (JEE MAINS PAPER 2) 2021
The examination will be held twice in a year on the month of February and may 2021
LIST OF SOME TOP COLLEGES WHICH TAKES ADMISSION THROUGH JEE MAINS PAPER 2-
NITs, SPAs and centrally funded institutions considered the JEE MAIN PAPER 2 score card for admitting students in their B.Arch. Courses
1. National institute of technology, calicut
2. National institute of technology, hamirpur
3. Malviya national institute of technology, jaipur
4. Mizoram university ,aizwal
5. School of planning and architecture, bhopal
6. School of planning and architecture, new delhi
7. School of planning and architecture, vijayawada
8. Maulana azad institute of technology bhopal
9. National institute of technology, tiruchirappalli
10. National institute of technology, raipur
11. Gitam university.visakhapatnam
12. BIT mesra
13. National institute of technology, rourkela
14. Chandigarh college of architecture, chandigarh
15. National institute of technology, patna
NOTE- IITs do not accept JEEMAINS PAPER 2 score card
HOW TO APPLY FOR JEEMAINS 2021
Website for application form registration jeemain.nta.nic.in.
Following procedure are --
Step1- Online registration
Step2- Note down the system generated automated application number
Step3- Upload scanned copies
Step4- Payment process
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NATA AND JEE MAINS PAPER 2
WHY NATA AND JEE MAINS PAPER 2 IS IMPORTANT?
It is the aptitude test and the gateway of most of the colleges which give admission to based on the nata score.
• NATA is a mode of getting admission in various undergraduate degree courses.
• After clearing the examination students can earn a specialized degree in architecture.
• NATA and JEE mains provide various scopes, also well built educational foundation in the competitive world.
• The main purpose of conducting examinations is to judge students' ability, knowledge, and sharpness.
• After qualifying for architecture entrance exams the institutes offer many scholarship plans and hence make study economical.