For candidates wishing to pursue careers in engineering, architecture, and planning, the National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the JEE mains exam every year. During this article, we will devote time solely to the paper designed for architecture aspirants. Towards the end of the post, you will find all the information you need about JEE mains paper 2.
ABOUT THE EXAM:
JEE MAIN PAPER 2B is conducted twice a year.
The exams are conducted through online mode and the drawing part is pen and paper-based.
Subjects for B. Plan are: mathematics, aptitude, and question on planning
Total number of questions: 105
Mathematics: 30 questions
Planning Based Questions: 25
Total marks: 400
TENTATIVE DATES FOR JEE MAIN 2B:
To qualify for admission to NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs, candidates must have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by their respective board. For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12thclass examination.
For B. planning course:
The syllabus chart provided below are subject wise for JEE Main Paper 2B 2022:
PART 1: MATHEMATICS
1. Sets, Relations, and Functions
2. Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
3. Matrices And Determinants
4. Permutations And Combinations
5. Mathematical Inductions
6. Binomial Theorem and Its Simple Applications
7. Sequence And Series
8. Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability
9. Integral Calculus
10. Differential Equations
11. Co-Ordinate Geometry
12. Three-Dimensional Geometry
13. Vector Algebra
14. Statistics And Probability
16. Mathematical Reasoning
PART 2: APTITUDE
1. Awareness of persons. Buildings, Materials:
b. Building materials and technology
c. Objects, textures related to architecture
d. 3d visualization of objects from 2d drawings
e. Analytical reasoning
f. Mental ability
2. Three dimensional- perception:
a. Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportions of objects, building forms, and elements, color texture harmony, and contrast
b. Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil.
c. Transformation of forms both 2D and 3D union, subtraction rotation, development of surfaces and volumes
d. Generation of Plan
e. elevations and 3D views of objects
f. Creating two dimensional and three-dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms
1. General Awareness
2. Social Sciences
3. Thinking Skills
· 4 for each correct response
· -1 for each incorrect response
· No marks for un-attempted questions
· No negative marking for non-MCQ questions
In no time the first attempt for JEE Main paper 2B will take place now that tentative dates are available. Therefore, it is very pertinent that you utilize the remaining time in a very effective manner and hopefully pass the test with a good score. For that reason, here are some quick tips for JEE paper 2B.
· Utilize your 2-3 months remaining
· Don’t rely on 2nd session, prepare now in such a way that 2nd session becomes the cation for achieving your goal, not the major reacting element
· Practice mathematics daily. DON’T RUN FROM IT!!
· Divide the timetable in such a way that you schedule each subject for every day.
· Don’t rush to finish it in one go, give time in understanding the concepts.
· Read more articles on architecture for current updates
· Solving reasoning questions as a game may inspire you to reach a certain score and you might be rewarded with a tap on the shoulder if you succeed.
· Practice previous year paper and mock papers
· Lastly, apart from preparation books, start reading books on planning. This will help you in long run to keep motivated. Kevin Lynch's books are among the best on planning and architecture, making him the perfect author to start reading when it comes to these subjects. Some of his works are 'good city form' and 'the image of the city'
Read More: Online Coaching For NATA